Inclusive Spaces 2.0
school, space, blocks
The project overview
The project investigates the relations between spaces in schools and the neighbouring communities, based on the insider-perspectives of students from two schools, both located at the 22nd district of Vienna, Austria. The project aims to facilitate a productive dialogue between schools and communities. Furthermore, the findings will be transferred to teacher education in order to prepare future teachers for challenges in and out of schools and ensure the sustainability of the results of the project.
How to participate?
Students in both schools are informed about the project and are invited to participate. Students will research social spaces of their schools and "blocks" by producing digital maps using an app. Data will be analysed together and presented in creative ways.
What happens to the contributions of Citizen Scientists?
Young researchers will disseminate the results at a conference. They will present digital maps and also use other mediums, such as drama performances, to disseminate the project to heterogeneous audiences in an accessible way. Furthermore, results will be part of a productive dialogue between schools and communities.
Participating and supporting institutions
- queraum. cultural and social research (project leader)
- C&T, University of Worcester (project partner)
- University of Vienna, Department of Education (project partner)
- University College of Teacher Education in Vienna (project partner)
- NMS & JHS Konstanziagasse (project partner school)
- GTEMS/NMS Anton-Sattler-Gasse (project partner school)
- Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (project funding)